Thursday, June 11, 2015

New couch

Well, as you may recall in my previous living room photos, I had a blue couch with little rosettes on the fabric. 


I mentioned that I was in the process of reupholstering a tufted sofa in dropcloth fabric.... Well, I'm still in the process. Along with an armchair, two side chairs, a china cabinet... whew. My list is growing and my time is shrinking. The renovation definitely takes priority. Not that I cook (ha!), but for the sanity of my husband, he is ready for some organization and normalization in the kitchen and dining room. And I am ready to put everything back in its place so I can decorate!! :)

Anywho, as I was saying, it doesn't look like any of my furniture projects are going to get done at this moment until we can finish the renovation. So...I bit the bullet and bought a couch (one from a store)! I am so excited. I think this is my first piece of furniture that I have purchased that doesn't need attention or that didn't come from a second-hand store or craigslist. Drew is more excited than I am that I bought a "project-less" piece. 

It's so comfy and pretty and definitely worth the wait. It is a linen blend material with down cushions and silver nail-head trim. SWOON! It's my dream sofa and fits perfectly with my style. Not only is she a beauty, it's also very comfy and the cushion covers can be removed and washed! So, yes, I splurged, but it is a timeless piece that is functional and well-built. No regrets!

Here she is still at the store (PS Faulk in Enterprise, AL):



And here she now sits in my living room:



I'm so in love! I can't wait to finish up everything to show you more progress and decor! Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment